ENGINEERING A GREENER FUTURE // RECYCLING
Working with leaders in advanced materials engineering, V-Carbon has harnessed the power of innovation to develop the most effective and sustainable carbon fibre recycling solution available.
Our proprietary V-Carbon technology is based on world-class materials science and engineering, and supports a highly efficient, fully-contained and safe process.
Even from the most demanding cured components we can deliver 99% clean fibre, without damage to the filament surface, while recovering over 90% of the matrix components for further use.
We generate a new and sustainable recycled carbon fibre material, with a reduced environmental impact.
WHAT WE DO
- Full recycling of end-of-life components, including primary aircraft and automotive structures
- Full recycling of production scrap – dry, uncured and cured
INNOVATION + CAPABILITIES
Once the recycling process has taken place, our team of engineers and scientists take recycled carbon fibre and convert it into value-added engineered product forms. We have developed and prototyped a suite of intermediate and finished product solutions performing at the strength, durability, flexibility levels and finish of virgin carbon fibre.
By harnessing leading design and engineering capabilities, including material systems, application development and component manufacturing, we provide strong expertise along the entire value chain.
WHAT WE DO
- Proprietary functionalising technologies for recycled and virgin fibre for specific applications, processing and matrix systems
- Basic and advanced conversion technologies into engineered materials systems
- Materials suite and product development covering all intermediate formats, combining the best capabilities of recycled and virgin carbon fibre
- Co-development, engineering and manufacturing of engineered carbon fibre components